Equal Employment Opportunity Laws
Describe the position, not the person! Under Equal Employment Opportunity Laws, discriminatory practices are illegal. All publishers should publish a notice (at the beginning of the employment advertising section) which includes a statement supporting the prohibition of discrimination in employment practices. For more information about Equal Opportunity Laws, click here.
A Guide to Fair Housing Advertising
Describe the property, not the preferred buyer or renter! Under the Fair Housing Act, it is the policy of the United States to provide, within constitutional limitations, fair housing throughout the United States. The provisions of the Fair Housing Act make it unlawful to discriminate in the sale, rental, and financing of housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. For more information about fair housing advertising, click here.
Advertising Regulations available for download:
- Going out of Business Sales: Unlawful Advertisement
- Moving Vans – Advertising and Solicitation
- Alcoholic Beverage Law – Unlimited Drink Offerings Prohibited
- Copyrights – Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair Use
- Color Illustrations of United States Currency – Color Illustrations Authorized
- Use of Games of Chance in Selling Commodities